The purpose of the ASNT Fellow Award is to acknowledge and honor persons of outstanding service in the field of nondestructive testing. Recipients shall have a history in the fields of research and development, application, teaching and/or management.
The nominee shall have demonstrated support for the Society through contributions and participation at the local and/or national level. Nominees shall have at least 15 years of professional NDT-related experience, and have been members of ASNT for not fewer than 10 years.
In addition, membership shall not have been interrupted more than two (2) times with at total interruption time not to exceed two (2) years. All of the mentioned time qualifications shall be met as of the nomination due date.
Nominees shall meet the following requirements and as determined by the point system in accordance with the Fellow Evaluation Checklist (below):
- Is an individual who is of unusual professional distinction, and who has made continued significant contributions to the advancement of nondestructive testing and evaluation in areas such as management, engineering, science, education, and/or administration.
- Shall have demonstrated support for the society through contributions and participation at the local and/or national level.
- Shall have at least 15 years of professional NDT-related experience
- Shall have been members of ASNT for not fewer than 10 years. Membership shall not have been interrupted more than two (2) times with a total interruption time not to exceed two (2) years. All of the mentioned time qualifications shall be met as of the nomination due date.
• Nomination Form (CLICK HERE to Download)
• A resume of the candidate’s activities and reputation supporting the nomination
Method of Selection
The Non-Financial Recognition and Honors Committee selects up to fifteen recognitions each year, provided all nominees have met the established guidelines.
- Evaluation Criteria: An applicant for the Fellow shall have a minimum of 30 points as determined by the Fellow Evaluation Checklist. The Fellow Evaluation Checklist establishes two (2) major categories for consideration: Significant Contribution to the Society and Significant Accomplishment in the Field of Nondestructive Testing (NDT).
- To remain eligible, the nominee has to obtain no fewer than 10 points in either of the categories providing the overall total points achieved is equal to or greater than the minimum requirement of 30 points.
CLICK HERE to download Fellow Evaluation Checklist.
- Nomination deadline: 1 February
- The Non-Financial Recognition and Honors Committee will provide its recommendation to the ASNT Board of Directors during the ASNT Research Symposium
- The recipients will be notified following the Research Symposium
- The Recognitions will be presented at the ASNT Annual Conference
Form of AwardPin & Framed Certificate
Current Award Recipient(s)
Past Award RecipientsFellow Award Past Recipients
1711 Arlingate Lane
PO Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: 614-274-6003 Ext. Fax: 614-274-6899