To recognize people or groups in the Society working to encourage others to reach goals they may have otherwise not sought and to offer the rest of the membership and example of what they could be accomplishing by acting as mentors.
- Must be a current ASNT member in good standing for at least the past five (5) years.
- Must have made an outstanding contribution as a mentor. These contributions can be through a variety of channels or types of mentoring activities. Mentoring can be a one to one experience or an individual can mentor a group. Eligibility for the Award acknowledges the types of mentoring relationships that are named relative to the following categories:
- Individual – Assisting one or more individuals to reach goals in the NDT industry that they may have not otherwise attained.
- Group – Providing positive guidance to a group such that a goal of significant value to ASNT or to the NDT Industry is achieved by that group.
- Indirect – Providing mentoring opportunities for others by creating an environment that fosters and encourages such relationships with positive outcome.
Nominations for the Mentoring Award shall contain:
- A letter of nomination, not exceeding 1,000 words, with the following information:
- The nominee’s name, address and employer information
- Tangible and specific information defining how, when, and to whom the nominee has demonstrated how members have been influenced to reach goals they may have otherwise not sought or been able to reach. It’s important that the letter not be written to praise the nominee
- The letter must clearly indicate the mentoring category (Individual, Group, or Indirect)
Materials SubmittedNomination Letter (see above)
Method of Selection
The Non-Financial Recognition and Honors Committee selects up to five awards each year, provided all nominees have met the established guidelines.
- Nomination deadline: 1st of February
- The Non-Financial Recognition and Honors Committee will provide its recommendation to the ASNT Board of Directors during ASNT’s Research Symposium
- Recipients will be notified following the Research Symposium
- Awards will be presented at ASNT’s Annual Conference
Form of AwardAcrylic Award
Current Award Recipient(s)
Past Award RecipientsPast Mentoring Award Recipients
Awards and Honors Program
1711 Arlingate Lane
PO Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: 614-274-6003 Ext. 233 Fax: 614-274-6899