This citation was renamed in 2010 to honor George L. Pherigo, who dedicated his life to NDT education and began the nondestructive testing program at Ridgewater College.
To recognize and honor an individual who has made significant contributions and efforts in the area of NDT education and training.
The contributions of the candidate should include but are not limited to one or more of the following:
- Long-term educational efforts through a local section
- Noteworthy service and promotion of education and training through service to the Technical and Education Council.
- Development, planning, or conduction of educational or training courses through an academic institute (such as trade or vocational schools, colleges, universities), or other formalized educational institutions.
- Development and publication of educational materials or training aids that are judged to be outstanding.
- Outstanding contributions to the development or publication of an NDT Handbook.
All nominations shall consist of a nomination letter accompanied by substantial support documentation attesting to the qualification and accomplishments of the nominee.
Materials SubmittedNomination Letter accompanied by substantial support documentation attesting to the qualification and accomplishments of the nominee.
Method of Selection
The Non-Financial Recognition and Honors Committee selects up to one individual each year, provided the nominee has met the established eligibility listed above.
- Announcements are made in the: February Issue of Materials Evaluation
- Nomination deadline: 1st of March
- The Non-Financial Recognition and Honors Committee will provide its recommendation to the ASNT Board of Directors during ASNT’s Research Symposium
- The recipient will be notified following the Research Symposium
- The citation will be presented at ASNT’s Annual Conference
Form of AwardFrame Award & Medal
Current Award Recipient(s)
Past Award RecipientsPast George L Pherigo Tutorial Citation Award Recipients
Awards and Honors Program
1711 Arlingate Lane
PO Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: 614-274-6003 Ext. 233 Fax: 614-274-6899