ASNT’s technical services team regularly reviews application submission processes and requirements to ensure certification candidate qualifications are reasonable, verifiable, and an accurate indication of one’s preparedness to be certified. As the world’s leading NDT society, avoiding potentially skewed cultural and regional interpretations of application requirements is paramount to maintaining consistently high standards and expectations among all certification candidates.
Updated requirements will begin effective 1 March 2020 for all new certification applications.
- A candidate that fails the initial basic or Method examination shall not be permitted to retake the examination for thirty (30) days from the date of failure.
- A candidate that fails the basic or Method examination for a second (2nd) time shall not be permitted to retake the examination for ninety (90) days from the date of failure.
- A candidate that fails the basic or Method examination for a third (3rd) time shall not be permitted to retake the examination for one (1) year from the date of failure and must reapply as a new candidate. In no case, shall an individual be permitted to sit for an examination more than three (3) times in a two (2) year period.
Updated requirements will begin effective 1 March 2018 for all new certification applications.
Level III Application Experience Section
- ASNT no longer accepts the signed statement option.
- ASNT requires the applicant to provide documentation of experience as well as a signed attestation page.
- ASNT requires the applicant to list out the experience in a table format by method, technique, industry and application.
Level III Code of Ethics
- Lists additional responsibilities to ASNT regarding code of ethics violations, cheating and certification suspension.
- Now addresses the ethical use of social media.
- Additional general wording on applicable laws and situations.
Every current and future ASNT NDT certification holder should feel proud of his or her education, experience, and hard work to achieve their professional designation.
If you have any questions regarding these updates, feel free to reach out to the ASNT certification team at firstname.lastname@example.org.