Submittal Process for ASNT Certification Code of Ethics Violations
There are two categories of alleged violations related to the ASNT Code of Ethics that may be addressed by the Certification Management Council’s Ethics Violations Subcommittee.
Formal and Informal Complaints
These are defined as:
- formal charges made upon oath by any person submitted in writing to the chair of the Certification Management Council
- informal charges that are based on personal knowledge of any person, which, if true, would indicate a possible violation by an individual certified by ASNT, submitted in writing to the chair of the Certification Management Council.
The written information required for submittal by a complainant is as follows:
- name, place of residence (address) and telephone number, fax number or e-mail address of the person submitting the charges
- name, place of residence (address) and ASNT certificate number (if available) of the person or persons being charged with the alleged violations
- a clear and concise description of the issues of facts involved and allegation(s) raised
- the relief being sought by the complainant within the authority of the Ethics Subcommittee.
Submittals should be addressed to:
ASNT CMC Ethics Committee Chair
c/o Technical Services Manager
1711 Arlingate Lane
PO Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228-0518
- Code of Ethics for Level III Personnel Certified by ASNT This Code applies to both ASNT NDT and ACCP Level III personnel.
- Code of Ethics for ACCP Level II Personnel Certified by ASNT This Code applies to ACCP Level II personnel.
- Ethics violations are handled in accordance with Certification Management Council Procedure 220.127.116.11, Ethics Violations.
- Ethics Complaint form