Student Travel Reimbursement Offer
Attention university professors, undergraduate and graduate students: ASNT is offering travel reimbursements up to $1000 each to a maximum of fifteen students to attend the 23rd ASNT Research Symposium 24–27 March 2014 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Students are encouraged to apply for this unique opportunity to participate in the NDE/NDI/NDT dedicated symposium.
The Symposium is a forum where students can:
- Network with nondestructive evaluation (NDE) researchers from around the globe;
- Make career connections with researchers, engineers, inspectors and equipment makers;
- Attend sessions on emerging NDE technologies and trends to increase their knowledge base;
- Develop professional skills;
- Learn how the academic and research communities come together with industry.
To qualify, graduate or undergraduate students must be enrolled at a four year ABET-accredited university. Interested fulltime students are required to submit:
- the completed application;
- a one page essay explaining the role they expect nondestructive evaluation to play in their career and the benefits anticipated from attending the symposium;
- a letter of recommendation from a faculty member which includes a confirmation of fulltime student status.
Travel expenses will be reimbursed up to $1000. Reimbursement will be for eligible expenses as defined in ASNT policy to include transportation, lodging (Monday 24 March thru Thursday 27 March) and meals. A maximum of 15 students will be awarded travel reimbursement. Reimbursements will be awarded to 15 qualified students. Therefore, students are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible.
The completed application, essay and letter of recommendation are to be submitted as separate Word files. Reimbursement recipients are expected to attend the Research Council dinner meeting scheduled for Tuesday 25 March 2014 during the conference. Applications are due by 5 February. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.