2013 ASNT Elections
Vote Now!Online Ballot →
It's time for the ASNT Elections! As a member, you have the opportunity to vote for a number of candidates to serve on the ASNT Board of Directors for 2014. The Board determines the direction of the organization, so your vote is an important one. This year's nominees and candidates are:
|Chair of the Board||Raymond G. Morasse|
|President||Roger W. Engelbart|
|Vice President||L. Terry Clausing|
|Secretary/Treasurer||B. Boro Djordjevic
Morteza K. Jafari
Danny L. Keck
Kevin D. Smith
|Director at Large||Brenda L. Collins
David O. Hall
|Council Directors||Marwan Basrawi
Tsuchin (Philip) Chu
William C. Plumstead, Jr.
David E. Savoy
The responsibilities of the Board of Directors are to:
- Assure that Society activities comply with applicable laws, regulations, Society charter, and ASNT Bylaws.
- Establish the mission and strategic direction for the Society.
- Set Board policies to achieve Society goals and Board of Directors responsibilities.
- Delegate necessary authority and responsibility to councils, committees, sections and management to develop and implement Board decisions within the ASNT Bylaws, and financial capabilities.
- Review and approve major governing and operating policies, procedures and rules of the Society.
- Establish and/or approve organization, policy recommendations, and functions of councils, divisions, committees, section, groups and management.
- Approve annual budgets and financial plans developed by the Executive Director and reviewed and recommended for approval by the Business and Finance Committee and Operations Committee.
- Approve objectives and plans proposed by Strategic Planning Committee and approved by the Operations Committee.
- Employ the Executive Director.
- Authorize employment of legal counsel, auditors, and other outside consultants.
- Establish policies and procedures for regulations of the Board of Directors and its proceedings.
By 1 July 2013, all members for whom ASNT has an e-mail address will receive a balloting notification e-mail that will include voting instructions, a voter login identification, and a link to the election web page. ASNT will also mail paper ballots to all voting members for whom it has no e-mail addresses and by request. The completed ballots must be received on or before 16 August 2013.
Election results will be made public by 1 September 2013 on the ASNT website at www.asnt.org and will be published in the October issue of Materials Evaluation.