ASNT Elections: Chair of the Board
The Chairperson of the Board is the chief volunteer officer of ASNT. The Chairperson's duties are:
- Leads the Board.
- Responsible to work with the Executive Director in achieving the goals of the Society and the programs approved by the Board of Directors.
- Presides at all meetings of the Board, the Annual Business Meeting, Special Business Meetings and Executive Committee.
- Approves the agenda for distribution for Board of Director’s meetings.
- Serves as Chairman of the Awards Committee.
- When attending functions, represents and promotes the Society’s best interest.
- Appoints, with Board of Directors approval, Chairmen and members of Board of Directors standing committees, except for the Standards Development Committee.
- Serves as Chairman of Executive Committee.
The term for Chair of the Board is one year.
Nominee for Chair of the Board
|Nominee for chair of the board, Raymond Morasse has been in the nondestructive testing (NDT) profession for 41 years. In 1969, after serving in the U.S. Navy, he began his career as an NDT student at San Diego City College. Morasse has an A.S. in quality and reliability assurance from San Diego City College and a B.S. in manufacturing engineering from National University. Recently retired after 20 years with Hyspan Precision Products, Inc., Morasse acquired experience in business management, quality systems and NDT. He was director of quality, environmental health and safety, as well as the company’s Corporate Level III and the firm’s Radiation Safety Officer. He holds certificates in six NDT methods, is an ASNT NDT Level III in UT, and is an IRRSP certificate holder. A member of ASNT since 1985, Morasse was active in the San Diego Section for nearly 30 years. He served on the San Diego Section board of directors for more than 25 years. He was named an ASNT Fellow in 2003 and received the ASNT Mentoring Award in 2006. At ASNT’s international level, Morasse served on each of the Section Operations Council’s (SOC) divisions and as council chair. Currently, he is chair of the Mentoring Award Committee, Fellow Award Subcommittee and the Young NDT Professional Award Subcommittee. He is a member of the SNT-TC-1A Review Committee and the Technicians Advisory Committee. He served on the Joint Council and the Operations Committee and was a Director at Large on the Board of Directors for three years. He served a term as SOC director to the Board. Last year he was chair of the Business and Finance Committee. Morasse serves on the Strategic Planning, High School Science Teachers Workshop and Ground Penetrating Radar committees. Morasse is a dedicated and passionate member of ASNT. He believes the only way the Society can accomplish great things is through teamwork, mutual understanding and individual respect.
|Chair of the Board||President||Vice President|
||Directors at Large