2013 ASNT Photo Contest: Stories in NDT
Contest deadline extended to 31 August!
How many industries and types of applications of methods are in use around the world in every day? In how many places is pipeline being inspected? Are new airplanes being manufactured? Is a high rise building constructed? Is a 60 year old suspension bridge being tested? Is a new racing wheel being manufactured? Are aging aircraft being inspected? Is research on acoustic emission evaluation of concrete culverts being pursued?
ASNT wants to see your NDT story in photographs and video.
We're looking for the photos, pics, snapshots, films, videos, and footage that best represents what you do in your profession and how NDT makes the world a safer place.
Now is your chance to share your NDT stories with the world! What's the strangest place your NDT work takes you? How does your team get the job done? Why is NDT important to you? There are many sides to the story, so be as creative as you can!
In addition to the chance to win great prizes, you could even see your photos or videos published by ASNT on the Society’s website, in Materials Evaluation online, in ASNT brochures, presentations, displays, or advertisements...
So dust off that camera or use that smart phone and show us your NDT!
- Express Yourself - Let the photographer in you show the NDT you do.
- Be Recognized - Receive photo accolades for you and your employer.
- Win Prizes -
- Grand prize: Full registration to ASNT’s 2013 Annual Conference with a Banquet ticket!
- 1st prize: $300 in ASNT Bucks and an ASNT Baseball raglan shirt.
- 2nd prize: $200 in ASNT Bucks and an ASNT Baseball raglan shirt.
- 3rd prize: $100 in ASNT Bucks and an ASNT Baseball raglan shirt.
- Help ASNT - “Show” NDT and build awareness for what you do and its value in making the world a safer place.
Enter for the fun of it! In this contest, everyone wins. You will be helping your Society and your organization show the range, role, and value NDT plays in public safety. Whether your photos or video footage are used on the ASNT website, an informational piece, a marketing effort, a display, or at a Society special event, you can be sure they are pieces of the NDT story.
Some Ideas for Your Photos or Video
- Show and tell us why ASNT is important to your career and your work in NDT.
- Show and tell us what type of NDT you use and why it’s effective for finding potential flaws, cracks, etc.
- Show and tell us what industry you’re in and why your work is interesting.
- Show and tell us why your work is important to public safety.
- Show and tell us what type of technology you use.
- Show and tell us why a young person might consider a career in NDT/NDE.
Entry Deadline and SubmissionPlease submit your photographs or video and required forms by email to email@example.com.
All entries must be received by 4:00pm EST on 31 August 2013.