Research Award for Innovation
PurposeTo recognize highly distinguished individual breakthroughs in research in the field of NDE/NDT within the past five years.
EligibilityA candidate for this award must have contributed to a breakthrough in NDE/NDT research, made within five years of the date of nomination.
Nominations for the Research Award for Innovation must be submitted online shall consist of:
- A letter of nomination, with a statement identifying the breakthrough, why it is important and what effect it has had or will likely have to the field of NDE/NDT;
- Curriculum vitae; and,
- Two letters of support
Method of SelectionThe Awards Committee selects up to one individual each year, provided the nominee has met the established guidelines.
*The recipient of the Research Award for Innovation will present an overview lecture on his or her breakthrough during the Research Symposium, where an honorary citation will be presented.
- Announcements are made in the: May issue of Materials Evaluation
- Nomination deadline: 1 September
- The Awards Committee will notify the ASNT Board of Directors and the recipient of their selection prior to the next Research Symposium
- The recipient will present an overview lecture on his or her breakthrough during the Research Symposium, where an honorary citation will be presented
Form of AwardCitation - Glass Award
Current Award Recipient(s)
Mohammad Tayeb Ghasr
*Recipient Biography will be published in the month year Issue of magazine.
Past Award RecipientsResearch Council Award for Innovation Past Recipients
Awards and Honors Program
1711 Arlingate Lane
PO Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: 614-274-6003 Ext. 233 Fax: 614-274-6899