Young NDT Professional Award
PurposeTo recognize individuals whose initial career contributions exemplify high standards of excellence in the areas of professional achievement and meritorious service.
EligibilityThe award is given to supervisors, educators, managers, researchers, consultants, developers and others who are ASNT members with five to ten years of involvement in the NDT/NDE industry and a minimum of five years as ASNT Member. Recipients shall include supervisors, educators, managers, researchers, consultants, developers, and others with NDT/NDE career involvement. Award applicants must be sponsored by an ASNT Local Section, ASNT Council, or National Committee.
*All nomination forms MUST be signed by the Chairperson of the sponsoring organization (ASNT local section, ASNT Council or National Committee).
Materials SubmittedNomination Form (see below)
Method of SelectionThe Young NDT Professional Award Committee selects up to one award each year, provided the candidate has met the established guidelines.
- Contributions to the science of NDT/NDE
- Career achievements and advancements
- Service to ASNT
- Recognition by other organizations
- Contributions to the general welfare of the community and public
- Announcements are made in the: August Issue of Materials Evaluation
- Nomination deadline: prior to February 1st
- The Young NDT Professional Award Committee will provide its recommendation to the ASNT Board of Directors during ASNT’s Research Symposium
- The recipient will be notified following the Research Symposium
- The award will be presented at ASNT’s Annual Conference
Form of AwardCitation – Black Frame Award
The Young NDT Professional Award was not awarded in 2015.
Past Award RecipientsPast Young NDT Professional Award Recipients
Awards and Honors Program
1711 Arlingate Lane
PO Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: 614-274-6003 Ext. 233 Fax: 614-274-6899