Charles N. Sherlock Meritorious Service Award
- Purpose: To provide recognition for an individual’s outstanding voluntary service to the Society, through single or aggregate activities, though not necessarily in any single year.
- Eligibility: Individuals who have performed outstanding voluntary service to the Society outside of an elected office or paid services.
- Method of Selection: The Charles N. Sherlock Meritorious Service Award Committee selects up to one individual each year (except in extreme extenuating circumstances and approved by the Awards Committee Chairperson and the Board of Directors), provided the nominee has met the established guidelines.
- Form of Award: Citation – Black Frame Award
- Materials Submitted: Nomination Letter showing the candidate’s exemplary service to ASNT.
- Award Timeline:
- Announcements are made in the: August Issue of Materials Evaluation
- Nomination deadline: prior to February 1st
- The Charles N. Sherlock Meritorious Service Award Committee will provide its recommendation to the ASNT Board of Directors during ASNT’s Research Symposium
- The recipient will be notified following the Research Symposium
- The award will be presented at ASNT’s Annual Conference
- All nominations shall consist of a nomination letter showing the candidate’s exemplary service to ASNT.
- Nominations for the Charles N. Sherlock Meritorious Service Award may be made by members of the Headquarters Staff, Board of Directors, Councils, the Awards Committee, Local Sections or any ASNT member.
Current Award Recipient
2013 Recipient of the Charles N. Sherlock Meritorious Service Award is:
Biography of Recipient will be published in the July 2013 Issue of Materials Evaluation
For additional award information, please contact:
1711 Arlingate Lane
PO Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: 614-274-6003 Ext. 223