George L. Pherigo Tutorial Citation Award
- Purpose: To recognize and honor an individual who has made significant contributions and efforts in the area of NDT education and training.
- Eligibility: A candidate for this award must be an acknowledged contributor in the field of NDT Education. ASNT membership is not required.
- Method of Selection: The George L. Pherigo Tutorial Citation Award Committee selects up to one individual each year, provided the nominee has met the established guidelines.
*Selection is based on originality, organization, technical content, methods and practical usefulness of educational activities during the period of January through December of the preceding year.
*Contributions in the field of NDT education and training should include, but not limited to one or more of the following:
- Long-term educational efforts through a local section.
- Noteworthy service and promotion of education and training through service to the Technical and Education Council.
- Development, planning or conduction of educational or training courses through an academic institute, (such as trade or vocational schools, colleges, universities) or other formalized and recognized educational institutions.
- Development and publication of educational materials or training aids that are judged to be outstanding.
- Outstanding contributions to development or publication of an NDT Handbook.
- Form of Award: Citation – Gold Frame Award & Medal with Blue Ribbon
- Materials Submitted: Nomination Letter accompanied by substantial support documentation attesting to the qualification and accomplishments of the nominee.
- Award Timeline
- Announcements are made in the: February Issue of Materials Evaluation
- Nomination deadline: 1st of March
- The George L. Pherigo Tutorial Citation Award Committee will provide its recommendation to the ASNT Board of Directors during ASNT’s Research Symposium
- The recipient will be notified following the Research Symposium
- The award will be presented at ASNT’s Annual Conference
All nominations shall consist of a nomination letter accompanied by substantial support documentation attesting to the qualification and accomplishments of the nominee.
The George L. Pherigo Tutorial Citation Award will not be given in 2013
For additional award information, please contact:
1711 Arlingate Lane
PO Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: 614-274-6003 Ext. 223