Fellow of ASNT
PurposeThe purpose of the ASNT Fellow Award is to acknowledge and honor persons of outstanding service in the field of nondestructive testing. Recipients shall have a history in the fields of research and development, application, teaching and/or management.
EligibilityThe nominee shall have demonstrated support for the Society through contributions and participation at the local and/or national level. Nominees shall have at least 15 years of professional NDT-related experience, and have been members of ASNT for not fewer than 10 years.
In addition, membership shall not have been interrupted more than two (2) times with at total interruption time not to exceed two (2) years. All of the mentioned time qualifications shall be met as of the nomination due date.
Method of SelectionThe Fellow Award Committee selects up to fifteen awards each year, provided all nominees have met the established guidelines.
- Evaluation Criteria: An applicant for the Fellow shall have a minimum of 30 points as determined by the Fellow Evaluation Checklist. The Fellow Evaluation Checklist establishes two (2) major categories for consideration: Significant Contribution to the Society and Significant Accomplishment in the Field of Nondestructive Testing (NDT).
- To remain eligible, the nominee has to obtain no fewer than 10 points in either of the categories providing the overall total points achieved is equal to or greater than the minimum requirement of 30 points.
Form of AwardCitation – Pin & Certificate in Walnut Frame
• Nomination Form (CLICK HERE to Download)
• A resume of the candidate’s activities and reputation supporting the nomination
• A letter seconding the recommendation from a colleague who is also familiar with the nominee’s activities/reputation warranting the award.
• Announcements are made in the November issue of Materials Evaluation.
• Nomination deadline: 1 February (All nominations must be submitted electronically online. CLICK HERE to submit online)
• The Fellow Award Committee will provide its recommendation to the ASNT Board of Directors during ASNT’s Research Symposium.
• Recipients will be notified following the Research Symposium.
• Awards will be presented at ASNT’s Annual Conference.
Nominations shall be made by the candidate’s local Section Chairman, by any member of the ASNT Board of Directors, or by any ASNT Fellow. All nominators must be ASNT Members. All nominations shall be in the form of petitions, with required supporting documentation, and in such form as may be required by the ASNT Board of Directors. It is encouraged to have forms signed by the sponsor.
|Click Here to Submit Your Nomination Online|
Current Award Recipient(s)
Past Award Recipients
Download: Past Fellow Award Recipients
For additional award information, please contact:
1711 Arlingate Lane
PO Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: 614-274-6003 Ext. 223