Philip D. Johnson Honorary Member Award
The Philip D Johnson Honorary Member Award is the highest lifetime ASNT award bestowed upon a longtime member of the Society who is appreciated at the national level – and perhaps internationally – for many years (minimum 20) of meritorious service in the technology of nondestructive testing.
PurposeTo acknowledge and honor a person of outstanding eminence in the field of nondestructive testing which can include research and development, applications, teaching or management. This is the highest lifetime award that the Society bestows.
EligibilityA candidate for this award shall be a long-time member of the Society and must be widely recognized and appreciated at the national level – and perhaps internationally – for many years (minimum 20) of meritorious service in the technology of nondestructive testing.
- All nominations shall consist of a nomination letter citing the qualifications of the candidate
- Nominations for the Philip D. Johnson Honorary Member Award may be made by:
- At least ten members of the Society distributed among at least three sections,
- Honorary members or
- Members of the Philip D. Johnson Honorary Member Award Committee
Materials SubmittedNomination Letter citing the qualifications of the candidate
Method of SelectionThe Philip D. Johnson Honorary Member Award Committee selects up to one individual each year, provided the nominee has met the established guidelines.
- Announcements are made in the: February Issue of Materials Evaluation
- Nomination deadline: 1st of March
- The Philip D. Johnson Honorary Award Committee will provide its recommendation to the ASNT Board of Directors during ASNT’s Research Symposium
- The recipient will be notified following the Research Symposium
- The award will be presented at ASNT’s Annual Conference
Form of AwardCitation – Gold Frame Award & Medal with Green Ribbon
Current Award Recipient(s)
*Recipient Biography will be published in the month year Issue of magazine.
Past Award RecipientsPast Philip D Johnson Honorary Member Award Recipients
Awards and Honors Program
1711 Arlingate Lane
PO Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: 614-274-6003 Ext. 233 Fax: 614-274-6899