PurposeTo recognize people in the Society working to encourage others to reach goals they may have otherwise not sought and to offer the rest of the membership and example of what they could be accomplishing by acting as mentors.
- Must be an ASNT member
- Must have a minimum of 5 years in NDT
- Must have made an outstanding contribution as a mentor. These contributions can be through a variety of channels or types of mentoring activities. Mentoring can be a one to one experience or an individual can mentor a group. Eligibility for the Award acknowledges the types of mentoring relationships that are named relative to the following categories:
- Individual – Assisting one or more individuals to reach goals in the NDT industry that they may have not otherwise attained.
- Group – Providing positive guidance to a group such that a goal of significant value to ASNT or to the NDT Industry is achieved by that group.
- Indirect – Providing mentoring opportunities for others by creating an environment that fosters and encourages such relationships with positive outcome.
Nominations for the Mentoring Award shall contain:
- A letter of nomination, including the nominee’s name, address and employer information. The letter should give the specifics to the individual’s contributions as a mentor. The letter should not exceed 350 words. Nominator’s contact information must also be included
Materials SubmittedNomination Letter (see below)
Method of SelectionThe Section Operations Council Awards Division selects up to five awards each year, provided all nominees have met the established guidelines.
- Nomination deadline: 1st of February
- The Section Operations Council Award Division will provide its recommendation to the ASNT Board of Directors during ASNT’s Research Symposium
- Recipients will be notified following the Research Symposium
- Awards will be presented at ASNT’s Annual Conference
Form of AwardCitation – Acrylic Award
Current Award Recipient(s)
Robert J. Potter
Yicheng "Peter" Pan
*Recipient Biographies will be published in the March 2017 Issue of Materials Evaluation
Past Award RecipientsPast Mentoring Award Recipients
Awards and Honors Program
1711 Arlingate Lane
PO Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: 614-274-6003 Ext. 233 Fax: 614-274-6899