Outstanding Paper in Materials Evaluation Award
PurposeTo encourage a high degree of effort toward technical, educational or managerial achievement in nondestructive testing through the publication in Materials Evaluation.
EligibilityAuthors of written contributions published by the Society in Materials Evaluation during the period of January through December of the preceding year.
NominationNominations for the Outstanding Paper Award in Materials Evaluation may only be made by reviewers, Associate Technical Editors or Editors of the Journals or Outstanding Paper Awards Committee Members
Materials SubmittedN/A (Papers may only be nominated by reviewers, Associate Technical Editors or Editors of the Journals or Outstanding Paper Awards Committee Members).
Method of Selection
The Outstanding Paper Awards Committee selects the author(s) of up to onewritten contribution published in ME each year, provided the author(s) has met the established guidelines. In total, the author(s) of no more than two publications are selected for both the Outstanding Paper Award in ME and the Outstanding Paper Award in RNDE in a given year.
- Recipients of the award are selected on the merit of written contributions published by the Society during the period of January through December of the preceding year.
- Selection is based on originality (0-25 points), appropriateness and accuracy of the supporting material (0-25 points), usefulness of the contribution (0-25 points) and clarity of the presentation (0-25 points) – totaling 100 points.
- The Outstanding Paper Awards Committee will provide its recommendation to the ASNT Board of Directors during ASNT’s Research Symposium
- The recipients will be notified following the Research Symposium
- The awards will be presented at ASNT’s Annual Conference
Form of AwardCertificate in Walnut Frame & Silver Medal with Maroon Ribbon
Current Award Recipient(s)
Megan E. McGovern
William G. Buttlar
Paper Title: "Effectiveness of Rejuvenators on Aged Asphalt Concrete using Ultrasonic Non-collinear Subsurface Wave Mixing"
Authors: Megan E. McGovern, Nicholas Farace, William G. Buttlar, Henrique Reis
Past Award RecipientsPast Outstanding Paper Awards in ME Recipients
Awards and Honors Program
1711 Arlingate Lane
PO Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: 614-274-6003 Ext. 233 Fax: 614-274-6899