Charles N. Sherlock Meritorious Service Award
The Charles N Sherlock Meritorious Service Award provides recognition for an individual's outstanding voluntary service to the Society, through single or aggregate activities, though not necessarily in any single year.
PurposeTo provide recognition for an individual’s outstanding voluntary service to the Society, through single or aggregate activities, though not necessarily in any single year.
EligibilityIndividuals who have performed outstanding voluntary service to the Society outside of an elected office or paid services.
**All Nominations must be submitted electronically.
- All nominations shall consist of a nomination letter showing the candidate’s exemplary service to ASNT.
- Nominations for the Charles N. Sherlock Meritorious Service Award may be made by members of the ASNT International Service Center staff, Board of Directors, Councils, the Awards Committee, Local Sections or any ASNT member.
Nomination Letter showing the candidate’s exemplary service to ASNT.
Method of SelectionThe Charles N. Sherlock Meritorious Service Award Committee selects up to one individual each year (except in extreme extenuating circumstances and approved by the Awards Committee Chairperson and the Board of Directors), provided the nominee has met the established guidelines.
- Announcements are made in the: August Issue of Materials Evaluation
- Nomination deadline: prior to February 1st
- The Charles N. Sherlock Meritorious Service Award Committee will provide its recommendation to the ASNT Board of Directors during ASNT’s Research Symposium
- The recipient will be notified following the Research Symposium
- The award will be presented at ASNT’s Annual Conference
Form of AwardCitation – Black Frame Award
Current Award Recipient(s)
Biography of Recipient will be published in the July 2016 Issue of Materials Evaluation
Past Award RecipientsPast Charles N Sherlock Meritorious Award Recipients
Awards and Honors Program
1711 Arlingate Lane
PO Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: 614-274-6003 Ext. 233 Fax: 614-274-6899