Nondestructive Testing Handbook, Third Edition: Volume 9, Visual Testing (VT)
- The authoritative reference for visual inspection.
- Emphasis on practicality, with information for Level II and Level III inspectors.
- Applications including metals, welding, chemical, petroleum, electric power, aerospace.
- Scores of illustrations of anomalies.
- Diverse information in one place.
- Updated standards.
- Digital photography and video.
- Image processing.
- New and authoritative discussion on vision acuity.
- Metric units throughout.
- Updated references provided for published standards.
New information on: physics of light • photometry • vision acuity exams • proper use of eye charts • digital photography • image processing • machine vision • magnifiers • illumination • surface roughness • calipers and gages • analog and digital video • video connectors • video probe • measuring with borescopes • metal discontinuities at different stages of processing and service life • direct versus indirect techniques
- Member Price: $135.00
- Non-member Price: $181.25
- Item Number: 0149
- Published: 2010
- Pages: 340
- ISBN: 978-1-57117-186-3
Chapter 1. Introduction to Visual Testing
- Part 1. Nondestructive Testing
- Part 2. Management of Visual Testing
- Part 3. History of Visual Testing
- Part 4. Measurement Units for Visual Testing
Chapter 2. Light
- Part 1. Physics of Light
- Part 2. Refraction and Color
- Part 3. Photometry
Chapter 3. Vision Acuity for Nondestructive Testing
- Part 1. Vision
- Part 2. Vision Acuity
- Part 3. Vision Testing
Chapter 4. Visual Test Imaging
- Part 1. Photography in Visual Testing
- Part 2. Digital Processing and Archiving for Visual Testing
- Part 3. Video
Chapter 5. Direct Visual Testing
- Part 1. Circumstances of Viewing
- Part 2. Illumination
- Part 3. Magnification
- Part 4. Surface Characteristics
- Part 5. Dimensional Measurement
Chapter 6. Indirect Visual Testing
- Part 1. Introduction to Indirect Visual Testing
- Part 2. Borescopy
- Part 3. Camera Based Measurement
Chapter 7. Machine Vision for Visual Testing
- Part 1. System Architecture of Machine Vision System
- Part 2. Algorithms and Software
Chapter 8. Visual Testing of Metals
- Part 1. Metal Processing
- Part 2. Visual Testing of Cast Ingots
- Part 3. Visual Testing of Forgings and Rolled Metal
- Part 4. Visual Testing of Welds
- Part 5. Discontinuities from Processes Other than Welding
- Part 6. Service Induced Discontinuities
Chapter 9. Chemical and Petroleum Applications of Visual Testing
- Part 1. Chemical and Petroleum Industry
- Part 2. Visual Acceptance Criteria for Welds
- Part 3. Petroleum Tubular Specifications
- Part 4. Visual Testing of Pipe Threads
Chapter 10. Electric Power Applications of Visual Testing
- Part 1. Visual Testing of Welds
- Part 2. Visual Testing of Various Components
Chapter 11. Aerospace Applications of Visual Testing
- Part 1. Visual Testing of Aircraft Structure
- Part 2. Visual Testing of Jet Engines
- Part 3. Visual Testing of Composite Materials
Chapter 12. Techniques Allied to Visual Testing
- Part 1. Indications Not from Visual Testing
- Part 2. Replication
- Part 3. Etching
Chapter 13. Visual Testing Glossary