On this page:
- Purpose: To recognize individual members of the Society who have demonstrated outstanding professional distinction and who have made continued significant contributions to the advancement of NDT in areas such as management, engineering, science, education, administration or planning.
- Eligibility: A nominee for Fellow must have at least fifteen years of professional NDT experience, ten continuous years of ASNT membership (with no more than two interruptions of membership. The time of the interruption(s) cannot exceed a total of two years and is not considered as ASNT membership time) and a minimum of 30 qualifying points as specified in the Fellow Evaluation Checklist (see below).
- Method of Selection: The Fellow Award Committee selects up to fifteen awards each year, provided all nominees have met the established guidelines.
- Evaluation Criteria: A nominee for Fellow shall have a minimum of 30 qualifying points as determined by the Fellow Evaluation Checklist, which establishes two major categories for consideration: Significant contributions to the Society; Significant accomplishment in the field of NDT
- To remain eligible, a nominee may obtain no fewer than 10 points in either the Society or Professional Accomplishment Category providing the overall total points achieved is equal to or greater than a minimum requirement of 30 points.
Click to DOWNLOAD: Fellow Evaluation Checklist
- Form of Award: Citation – Pin & Certificate in Walnut Frame
- Materials Submitted: Nomination Form (see below)
- Award Timeline:
- Announcements are made in the: November Issue of Materials Evaluation
- Nomination deadline: 1st of February
- The Fellow Award Committee will provide its recommendation to the ASNT Board of Directors during ASNT’s Research Symposium
- Recipients will be notified following the Research Symposium
- Awards will be presented at ASNT’s Annual Conference
DOWNLOAD: Fellow Award Nomination Form
*Nominations shall be made by the candidate’s local Section Chairman, by any member of the ASNT Board of Directors or by any ASNT Fellow. All nominations shall be in the form of petitions, with required supporting documentation, and in such form as may be required by the ASNT Board of Directors. All forms MUST be signed by the sponsor.
Current Award Recipients
2013 Fellow Award Recipients:
*Recipient Biography(s) will be published in the January 2014 Issue of Materials Evaluation
DOWNLOAD: Past Fellow Award Recipients
For additional award information, please contact:
1711 Arlingate Lane
PO Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: 614-274-6003 Ext. 223