Outstanding Paper Awards
Outstanding Paper in Materials Evaluation Award
On this page:
- Purpose: To encourage a high degree of effort toward technical, educational or managerial achievement in nondestructive testing through the publication in Materials Evaluation.
- Eligibility: Authors of written contributions published by the Society in Materials Evaluation during the period of January through December of the preceding year.
- Method of Selection: The Outstanding Paper Awards Committee selects the author(s) of up to one written contribution published in ME each year, provided the author(s) has met the established guidelines. In total, the author(s) of no more than two publications are selected for both the Outstanding Paper Award in ME and the Outstanding Paper Award in RNDE in a given year.
- Evaluation Criteria:
- Recipients of the award are selected on the merit of written contributions published by the Society during the period of January through December of the preceding year.
- Selection is based on originality (0-25 points), appropriateness and accuracy of the supporting material (0-25 points), usefulness of the contribution (0-25 points) and clarity of the presentation (0-25 points) – totaling 100 points.
- Form of Award: Certificate in Walnut Frame & Silver Medal with Maroon Ribbon
- Materials Submitted: N/A (Papers may only be nominated by reviewers, Associate Technical Editors or Editors of the Journals or Outstanding Paper Awards Committee Members).
- Award Timeline
- The Outstanding Paper Awards Committee will provide its recommendation to the ASNT Board of Directors during ASNT’s Research Symposium
- The recipients will be notified following the Research Symposium
- The awards will be presented at ASNT’s Annual Conference
Nominations for the Outstanding Paper Award in Materials Evaluation may only be made by reviewers, Associate Technical Editors or Editors of the Journals or Outstanding Paper Awards Committee Members
2013 Outstanding Paper in Materials Evaluation Award Recipients:
Paper Title: "Use of Highly Nonlinear Solitary Waves in Nondestructive Testing"
Authors: Xianglei Ni and Piervincenzo Rizzo
*Biography of Recipient(s) will be published in the May 2014 Issue of Materials Evaluation
For additional award information, please contact:
1711 Arlingate Lane
PO Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: 614-274-6003 Ext. 223