Charles N. Sherlock Meritorious Service Award
PurposeTo provide recognition for an individual’s outstanding voluntary service to the Society, through single or aggregate activities, though not necessarily in any single year.
EligibilityIndividuals who have performed outstanding voluntary service to the Society outside of an elected office or paid services.
Method of SelectionThe Charles N. Sherlock Meritorious Service Award Committee selects up to one individual each year (except in extreme extenuating circumstances and approved by the Awards Committee Chairperson and the Board of Directors), provided the nominee has met the established guidelines.
Form of AwardCitation – Black Frame Award
Nomination Letter showing the candidate’s exemplary service to ASNT.
- Announcements are made in the: August Issue of Materials Evaluation
- Nomination deadline: prior to February 1st
- The Charles N. Sherlock Meritorious Service Award Committee will provide its recommendation to the ASNT Board of Directors during ASNT’s Research Symposium
- The recipient will be notified following the Research Symposium
- The award will be presented at ASNT’s Annual Conference
**All Nominations must be submitted electronically.
- All nominations shall consist of a nomination letter showing the candidate’s exemplary service to ASNT.
- Nominations for the Charles N. Sherlock Meritorious Service Award may be made by members of the ASNT International Service Center staff, Board of Directors, Councils, the Awards Committee, Local Sections or any ASNT member.
Current Award Recipient(s)
Past Award Recipients
For additional award information, please contact:
1711 Arlingate Lane
PO Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: 614-274-6003 Ext. 223